Monday, April 4, 2011

District Administrators in Digital Darkness

Last week I had the privileged of being invited to and presenting at the District Administration Magazine's Leadership Institute Summit; I was asked to speak about social media. My thesis? You guessed it: To "lead it," superintendents need to "get it," meaning that district administrators today can choose to amplify their organizations through the use of digital-age tools, or remain in digital darkness. To extend the metaphor using Scott Klososky's "high-beam leadership," I encouraged my colleagues to start to "lead with their brights on" by developing personal learning networks through twitter.


After viewing the slideshow, what reactions do you have? To what extent do you agree with my thesis that superintendents need to understand digital-age tools in order to effectively lead their organizations in this age of ever-present technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment